Want to play in a 40K tournament, but you’re more interested in socializing with your opponent and playing with thematic armies? The 40K Friendly tournament is just what you’re looking for! The Friendly format places equal weight on gameplay, army theme, and hobby skill.
- Saturday, May 25th – Sunday, May 26th
- Check-In at 8:00am, First round at 9:00am
- Five 3-Hour Rounds
- Games will be played using the Warhammer 40k 8th Edition rule set. All the current errata and FAQs available from Games Workshop will be in effect, as well as all current beta rules from the latest Big FAQ (April 2019).
- This is a 100-Power-Level (yes, Power Level!) event.
- Armies must be Battle-forged.
- Maelstrom of War missions will be used in each game, generated as per the Warhammer 40K rulebook.
- For a codex or supplement to be legal for the Midwest Conquest GT, it must have been released on or before May 10th, 2019. Any codex or supplement released after that date will not be allowed.
- All models should clearly represent what they are supposed to be: WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get).
- Your models DO have to be painted to play; at minimum, they must have 3 colors and be based. Remember – army appearance is one-third of your score!
- Players are expected to have a printed, legible army list.
- Players are required to bring a copy of the codex or index for any faction(s) used in their army.
- Players are required to bring a copy of the Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition Rule book.
- Judges will be present in order to assist with any questionable rules arguments, although players are highly encouraged to work out any issues themselves in a friendly manner.