The Taking of Phyrix: STEPPES OF PERDITION
The Steppes of Perdition consists of the planetary body Perdition and its moons Proteus and Yemeni. While quite fertile and verdant, the moons serve as a rose crown on a fetid skull. A desolate reminder of the age of darkness, Perdition is an irradiated wasteland. Blast craters stretching beyond the horizon, wreckage from the dark ages and golden age of technology repeatedly wrested from the sands only to be buried again in the next storm.
The communications relay located on Proteus, and the data-processing hubstation and archaeotech reclamation facility of Yemeni are the primary focus of the loyalist attack; yet there may be an even greater prize residing on Perdition.
With sandstorms raging on the planets’ surface, an even greater storm of steel and fire erupts as loyalist forces launch their attack on the traitor forces securing the moons. As death comes once more to the Steppes of Perdition, a bygone life, an ancient power begins to wake beneath the surface of Perdition.
What stalks this hallowed hellscape – and who shall incite the true fury of Phyrix?
Legion-on-legion battle in the 31st millenium is coming to UnderCon and the Midwest Conquest! This event is a continuation of the Taking of Phyrix campaign that has been running at gaming conventions across the Midwest. However, previous experience in the campaign is not required! For more information about the campaign, as well as pictures from past events, check out The Taking of Phyrix 30K group on Facebook.
Event tickets are $30 each, and are available from the UnderCon 2019 website, as well as weekend passes to UnderCon. All Horus Heresy attendees will also get a special swag bag! Register before January 1st to get something special in your bag!
- Saturday, May 25th and Sunday, May 26th.
- Start: 9:00am
- Five 3 Hour Rounds – 3 on Saturday, 2 on Sunday
Check out these photos from some past Taking of Phyrix events to get an idea of what’s coming to the Midwest Conquest.
- Lists must be constructed according to the 30k Age of Darkness Army Construction Rules using one of the following FoC’s (Standard Age of Darkness FOC/ Onslaught FOC/ Castellan FOC). Leviathan detachments are not permitted at this event.
- Please have all pertinent rules documentation on hand throughout the course of the event.
- This is a 3000-point event.
- Players may choose one of the following options for their list:
- Single 3000pt list
- Single 2500pt core list, with two 500pt sideboards*
* Sideboards are not separate 1000 point lists – they MUST fit within the FOC
- Players may construct their lists using any Rites of War or Force Organization Chart so long as it adheres to the guidelines below:
- Warlords – players must have a single warlord that is used throughout the event, and must be represented in each list used.
- Warlord Traits – Warlord traits will be rolled for ONCE before the first round, and will be KEPT for the entirety of the event. This also applies to character that allow you to choose traits.
- Lords of War are permitted
- Custodes – Custodes units are limited to Allies only
- Primarchs – Primarchs are disallowed as they are not present at this point in the campaign
- Special Characters – No named characters are allowed at this event.
- For more information, read The Taking of Phyrix: Steppes of Perdition event primer (PDF)