Want to play in a 40K tournament, but you’re more interested in socializing with your opponent and playing with thematic armies? The 40K Friendly tournament is just what you’re looking for! The Friendly format places equal weight on gameplay, army theme, and hobby skill.
- Saturday, May 23rd – Sunday, May 24th
- Check-In at 8:00am, First round at 9:00am
- Five 3-Hour Rounds
- Games will be played using the Warhammer 40k 8th Edition rule set.
- All current errata and FAQs will be in effect,as well as current beta rules from the latest Big FAQ (April 2020).
- For a codex or supplement to be legal for the event, it must have been released on or before May 10th, 2020. Any codex or supplement released after that date will not be allowed.
- Models should represent what they are supposed to be; HOWEVER conversions are HIGHLY encouraged for this event.
- Models must be painted, at a minimum they must have 3 colors and be based.
- The 40k Friendly is played at 2000 Points, with Battle Forged Armies.
- A maximum of 3 detachments are allowed.
- Supreme Command, Super-Heavy Auxiliary, Air-Wing and Auxiliary detachments are limited to 0-1 each.
- Super-Heavy Detachments are not allowed
- A maximum of 1 Lord of War is allowed per army.
- Example: If an army has a Lord of War in a Super-Heavy Auxiliary detachment, it may not contain one in a Supreme Command detachment, despite having a slot available for it.
- Lists must be submitted for approval no later than May 8th, 2020 via Best Coast Pairings.
- Players are expected to have a printed, legible army list to give to each of their opponents prior to the game, and one for the judges at check-in.
- Players are required to bring a copy of the codex (or index) for any faction(s) used in their army.
- Players are required to bring a copy of the Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition Rule book.
- Each player will need a tactical objective deck (or list of objectives from the Rulebook/Codex)
- Judges will be present in order to assist with any questionable rules arguments, although players are highly encouraged to work out any issues themselves in a friendly manner.